Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Project Controls Analyst to work with the Development and Project Controls Manager on the implementation of standardised project and portfolio scheduling and reporting across Mainstream’s Development and Construction projects, portfolios and platforms. The Project Controls Analyst will be responsible for ensuring consistent and quality scheduling and reporting of projects across Mainstream’s global portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be restricted to:
- Working with the Development and Project Controls Manager to develop a standardised set of project, portfolio and platform reporting templates.
- Development and continual improvement of a procedure setting out the requirements and process for standardised project and portfolio reporting.
- Working with the Development and Project Controls Manager, and the Information Services Team, on the development of a system to collect project data and to automate the production of standardised project reporting.
- Co-ordinate / work closely with internationally-based Development, Construction, Engineering and other colleagues to ensure that schedules are in place for each project in each region, that these schedules are maintained up to date, and that the format is consistent across Mainstream’s global portfolio.
- Where Mainstream has dedicated project schedulers in place (for e.g. in Chile), schedules will be prepared in that region using the agreed template. For other markets where no dedicated project scheduler is in place, the Project Controls Analyst may provide support to colleagues to produce schedules, or in some cases may produce schedules on their behalf on a temporary basis until a local resource is available.
- Ensuring that a thorough, consistent and quality baseline schedule is agreed with the regions and maintained for all of Mainstream’s projects and portfolios.
- Efficient identification and communication of areas of variance of schedule from baseline.
- Evaluate proposed changes and modifications to existing schedules and recommend alternatives where necessary to specific schedule plans.
- Leading the ongoing production of monthly central project controls reported to Mainstream’s Senior Management Team for all of Mainstream’s projects and portfolios. Holding responsibility for ensuring the consistency and quality of all reports delivered. Note that in most cases, schedules will be produced and updated in the regions and submitted to Dublin for consolidation into the group monthly projects report.
- Development and management of consistent project control processes and templates.
- Owning the Work Breakdown Structure including continual improvement of same and suitable application of same across the business including maintaining alignment with data management system (i.e. SharePoint Online) and budget account codes (i.e. Dynamics AX)
- Managing and maintaining project risk and issue register templates; quality check risk and issue registers content input by the Project Managers in the regions; produce central group risk and issue logs based on the risk and issues logs populated by the Project Managers in the regions.
- Assisting the Development and Project Controls Manager with business objectives, outside of scheduling, project controls and reporting, as required.
What we require?
- Graduate with an honours degree.
- Minimum 5 years project scheduling / project controls experience.
- Proficient in the use of Primavera and Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience with MS Office and a data management system such as SharePoint Online.
- Preferably holds a Diploma or Degree in Project Management and a Project Management certification such as PMI-PMP, PMI-SP, Prince, or IPMA.
- Attention to detail and a broader strategic view essential.
- Familiarity with project development and construction planning, work methods and sequences.
- An efficient and organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management. Proven capability to meet deadlines and deliver to timelines.
- Ability to integrate data from multiple sources and work in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Spanish is an advantage.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form