Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Civil Engineer who be based in the Dublin office. The person will primarily work on Development projects, but will also provide input to Construction and Operational sites when technical assistance is required.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Conceptual design for civil engineering components of renewable energy power plants.
- Input into technical elements of Employer’s Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Provide technical input into specific sections of Mainstream’s Global Development Standard.
- Review and input into Asset Engineering Team operational procedures and standards.
- Attend ongoing local and international training seminars for both technical and company policy/standards training.
- Attend and undertake CPD training, reading and tasks for ongoing professional development.
- Procurement of front-end civil engineering (e.g. geotechnical investigations, flood studies, topographical studies, foundation designs, met ocean studies).
- Assessment of construct ability of green-field sites.
- Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on Mainstream projects in various countries.
- Participation in technical meetings both locally and overseas.
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies etc. both locally and overseas as required.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Detailed due diligence review of projects in various countries in accordance with Mainstream’s Global Development Standard.
- International travel to inspect new project sites and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Producing detailed site inspection reports.
- Ensuring civil engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors in various countries.
What we require?
- The Civil Engineer should have a minimum of four to five years’ experience in the development and design of generating facilities including two years’ construction/site experience, or similar.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University.
- Current membership with Engineers Ireland is not mandatory but is preferred.
- The person in this role will be required to attend local and international meetings, training and seminars as required. At times, this may require that the person travel up to 50% of their time in a given month. Traveling is predominantly by air and/or short distance road travel.
- The person must be readily available for conference calls while travelling and/or in the office, and be able to respond to e-mails quickly, regardless of location.