The Commercial Analyst will be in charge of preparing, building and reviewing financial models and inputs for Project Finance and M&A activities, predominantly focusing in the Chile market but also looking after the Americas region in order to assist with Mainstream’s expansion into other Latin American Markets.
This role will lead the modelling process from the Mainstream side, working closely with the Head of Project Finance and M&A, the Commercial team and different areas within the company such as Procurement, Construction, Engineering and Operations.
The role will provide first hand exposure to private equity, investment banking, Project Finance and M&A activities and would suit an ambitious candidate keen to establish a strong foundation within financial modelling.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role could require travel to other Mainstream offices.
• Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects for Project Finance and M&A activities
• Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models
• Participate in Project Finance related activities through analysis and evaluation of structured banking credits or other sources of financing
• Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets
• Support the acquisition/investment/tender/bidding appraisal activities of multi-million dollar projects globally through financial modelling
• Assist in Due Diligence process for Project Finance and M&A activities
• Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
• Clear financial analysis and communication of results for internal and external parties.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
• Relevant financial qualification preferable, with exposure to and experience of financial modeling. 2 to 4 years experience desirable.
• Renewable energy or wider energy industry experience is desirable, but not essential.
• An eye for detail and proactive approach to analysis, intellectual curiosity, good mathematical credentials and ability
• Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite
• Excellent understanding of Financial Statements
• Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
• Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
• Strong communication skills
• Flexibility to Travel as required
• English and Spanish proficiency are a prerequisite
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form