Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with all commercial aspects in the South African REIPPP bid submission and financial close processes.
- Preparing and writing relevant bid responses in line with the REIPP Request for Proposals as updated from time to time.
- Coordinating with Development team to ensure that all required consents to invest, build and operate power plants are in place for bidding and financial close.
- Coordinating with PPD team to ensure that procurement, engineering, construction and operations inputs are accurately reflected in bid responses.
- Ensuring that all criteria of the REIPP RFP are satisfied with regard to bid responses.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager South Africa with the preparation of budgets and coordinate with finance team on vendor relationships.
- Updating and maintaining the wind and solar financial models in conjunction with the Commercial Manager South Africa and Commercial Manager Africa.
- Assisting with providing commercial input to Mainstream’s customer strategy in South Africa and other African countries.
- Assisting with providing financial and commercial assistance to Mainstream’s development team in South Africa and other African countries.
- Attending South African asset reviews in an effort to help identify, assess, and evaluate Mainstream’s project pipeline in South Africa to help determine project selection in REIPP.
- Participating in the negotiation of shareholder, corporate and project finance agreements.
- Fostering relationships with project stakeholders and transaction advisors as part of the financial close process.
- Assisting with the final due diligence of projects as well as loan agreement conditions precedent process required for financial close.
- In conjunction with internal teams evaluate and review papers for Risk & Investment committee and/or Board approval including deal structuring & valuation.
Knowledge and skills requirements for this role:
- Relevant financial qualifications/ability with work experience in Corporate Finance/Project Finance/Investment Banking/Financial Services and/or Advisory/Asset Management/Property Development/Management Consulting of at least 2-3 years.
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in finance/economics/engineering. Master Degree in Business Administration preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in the South African energy sector and renewable energy sector a distinct advantage.
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills and an ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Ability to analyze and present qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Strong communication, negotiation, relationship management and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work as part of multi-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel both within RSA and internationally as required.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills essential.
This position will be based in the office in Cape Town, with travel to Johannesburg and, less frequently, internationally
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.