Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading global developer of renewable energy projects and has significant activities worldwide. Due to our expanding position we are recruiting a Commercial Executive / Manager to providing commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind and solar projects through the development, construction and operation phases and maximize shareholder value by divestment. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an expanding industry with a leading player and its international blue chip Partners.
The Commercial Executive will support our General Manager – SE Asia and the Commercial Team in Dublin to deliver the SE Asia Platform’s business plan of 1GW within a 3 year time horizon. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded individual to gain significant international experience within the renewable energy sector.
They will manage multi-disciplinarian teams, both internally and externally, require strong financial acumen and commercial negotiation skills with a good knowledge of legal documents.
The successful candidate should be able to bring a project from cradle to grave and must have strong people management skills.
The Commercial Executive / Manager will support the sourcing, originating, structuring and executing of commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind and solar projects in SE Asia including:
- In conjunction with internal teams to prepare, evaluate, review and present papers for Senior Management, Risk & Investment Committee and/or Board approval including market research, deal structuring & investment appraisal and valuation,
- Prepare accurate and detailed information for external parties including information memoranda, financial models, term sheets and pitch presentations etc.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess opportunities in new technologies, companies and markets globally and to evaluate Mainstream’s project pipeline,
- Support, in a leading capacity, the commercial negotiation of acquisitions, investments, disposals & associated funding activities,
- Assist with all commercial aspects in investment, bid submissions due diligence and financial close processes,
- Develop commercial solutions to allow Mainstream to maintain competitive advantage in the markets in which it operates including:
- Joint venture and partnership structures,
- Project funding solutions,
- ECA and DFI funding,
- Vendor financing solutions.
- Maintain relationships with senior officials at banks, infrastructure funds, pension funds, and other financial institutions to secure financing and/or project level investment,
- Source and negotiate funding solutions, with appropriate risk allocation, and oversee the negotiation of the following core project documents:
- Term Sheets,
- Share Purchase Agreements,
- Shareholder’s Agreements,
- Management Service Agreements,
- Project Finance Agreements,
- Mezzanine Facility Agreements.
- Experience and detailed knowledge and understanding of financial models including:
- Analysis of cash flows,
- Ability to audit/sense check a financial model quickly and succinctly to ensure outputs are reasonable in order to make quick, correct commercial decisions,
- Ability to challenge those providing inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards is prepared and presented.
- Managing due diligence processes including the identification and mitigation of key project risks and the satisfaction of conditions precedents,
- Assist in identifying bi-lateral PPA’s and negotiating term sheets with Offtakers for both short and long term PPA’s,
- Assist the General Manager – SE Asia prepare budgets and develop key stakeholder relationships.
- Effectively manage project teams reporting directly to the Head of Group Commercial,
- Support colleagues across Mainstream business to ensure continued company growth and value creation
- Updating and maintaining the wind and solar financial models in conjunction with the Financial Modeler,
- People management skills in order to bring together deal teams of multi-disciplinary members including developers, engineers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, financial professionals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant business qualification: Bachelor’s degree, Master Degree in Business Administration Accountancy or Finance
- Knowledge and experience in the global renewable energy sector
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills and an ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Ability to analyse and present qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
- Strong communication, negotiation, relationship management and presentation skills
- Willingness to work as part of multi-functional teams
- Willingness to travel internationally as required
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills essential.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.