Reporting to Technical Director. Mainstream Renewable Power is seeking to appoint a Construction Manager for its project portfolio construction programme.
The Construction Manager will oversee the development of the projects through all stages of design, contract placement, construction, commissioning and the delivering to Operations.
• Lead and supervise the project team responsible for delivering the construction projects
• Work with Procurement team in setting-up the best practice for procurement of supplies and services for Mainstream’s assets
• Actively drive for zero HSE incidents during the development and construction of projects.
• Ensure the projects are developed and built in accordance with Construction processes and procedures.
• Ensure the projects construction is in accordance to HSE regulation and permits.
• Supporting Development team with construction / engineering related issues
• Managing projects through financial close process
• Construction contracts administration
• Deliver the projects according contractual milestones.
• Project budget´s preparation, reporting and control
• Project schedule´s preparation, reporting and control
• Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams
• Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies etc.
• Ability to work with the electrical grid utility to develop transmission grid connection plans.
• Reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Construction procedures and process.
• Participate in company groups focused on sharing of expertise globally.
• Assist the Technical Director in the development of the regional strategy.
• Market awareness of solar & wind farm construction activity, regulatory issues and other renewable technologies.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Degree in Engineering (electrical or civil) with a minimum of 10 years experience.
• A broad range of management experience and a proven record in complex systems management is essential.
• Project management and construction management in the windfarm or electricity industry would be an advantage.
• Proven project management skills.
• Be familiar with the detailed requirements of the Health and Safety Authority.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Comfortable presenting to senior management at board level and should be capable of managing internal and external resources with ease.
• Written and spoken English language is required and fluency is considered an advantage.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.