Construction Site Manager SARCO Project
Mainstream is recognised as the world’s leading independent renewable energy company with almost 10,000 MW in development, 360 MW in construction and 334 MW delivered into commercial operation. We develop, finance, construct, and operate world-class wind and solar plant in high-growth regions including, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia as well as South and Central America.
In Chile, the Company has more than 2,000 MW in development; 270MW in construction and 33MW delivered into commercial operation.
As part of the Chile Operations Department, there are two wind energy Projects of 150 MW and 120 MW that will start operating in Q4 2018 and there is an existing operational 33 MW wind energy Project. These three Projects are located in the III Region, X Region and VIII Region respectively, and have local management staff as well as central management from Santiago, Chile.
Mainstream are seeking candidates for a Site Manager and will report to the Generation Asset Manager Chile.
The Site Manager will form part of a growing team within a dynamic and multinational company. Mainstream´s culture is based on a core value of “working together” as a team, and we are looking for people who want to join us in our mission to lead the global transition to renewable energy.
The Site Manager will be responsible for managing the safe and reliable performance of the wind farm. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the team and all contractors at site to ensure the construction is carried out safely, on time and to the right standards.
Additional duties will include supervising contractors performing site Balance of Plant (BOP), Wind Turbines, Civil works and others.
• Ensure highest level of health and safety standard is maintained at the wind farm.
• Responsible for the health and safety and environmental management system of the wind farm. (ISO and OHSAS standards)
• Responsible for co-ordination and control of the project
• Responsible for leadership of the site team and all subcontractors
• Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints
• Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays
• Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager on the Master Programme and controlling of stage/section programmes as required
• Responsible for controlling site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment are previously on site before subcontractor activities.
• Interface with local authorities, local utility and system operator, landowners and general public where required.
• Develop and implement procedures for dealing with daily site activities.
• Monitoring the subcontractors plan of the day
• Managing the daily report in order to protect the company
• Carry out routine site inspections and audits of contractors.
• Produce and submit weekly and monthly reports.
• Work closely with other Mainstream teams
Experience and Skills required
• Four years of experience in a similar role managing generation plant or similar.
• Organization and planning skills
• Basic Contract management knowledge
• Strong interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills.
• Experience in leading site teams
• Experience with HSE management systems and procedures.
• Experience with contractors’ management.
• An understanding / qualification in electrical systems e.g. AC/DC, Low, Medium and High voltage systems, electronics and electro mechanical equipment.
• Contract management knowledge is considered an advantage.
• An understanding in agriculture / environmental issues is considered an advantage.
• Experience of using IT systems and applications. In particular using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Duration : 8 months fixed term contract
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.