The Developer is a graduated professional with a minimum of 2-3 years work experience in power project development. Experience developing wind or solar PV projects would be a distinct advantage.
The candidate will become a member of Mainstream’s Colombian team and will be responsible for all areas of Wind and Solar energy project development, including leading initial site identification, lease negotiations, working with landowners, researching & managing environmental issues and all consenting processes, managing grid and electrical connection studies, communities first approach, liaising with the regulatory authorities and securing all necessary permits.
Purpose of Job:
o Deliver assigned development projects on time & Budget, on-schedule to agreed quality
o Ensure that projects are identified, developed and designed / executed in line with Mainstream´s corporate values, development goals, objectives and processes
o Stablish a close relation with local communities directly related to the project
o Ensure that assigned Mainstream projects are developed in accordance with Mainstream’s SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) policies and procedures and in accordance with all applicable legislation
o Manage a development for one or more assigned development projects
o Live Mainstream’s six corporate value and lead by example in displaying them
o Identification, assessment and selection of potential wind or solar energy sites
o Develop assigned wind and solar PV projects through the first two of Mainstream’s four project stage gates with a target to deliver an agreed number of MW to each stage each year (the agreed MW targets).
o Gate 1: In development
o Gate 2: Ready to Bid
o Gate 3: Fully consented
o Lead a project to deliver assigned project(s) to Ready to Bid and Fully Consented stage on time including but not limited to the following development activities:
o Due diligence on potential Greenfield opportunities identification
o Secure land control (options, leases, wayleaves, rights of way)
o Analysis of the wind or solar energy resource
o Procure all environmental studies and EIAs required to permit the project
o Identify communities and engage with them in a sustainable and responsible manner to ensure social license for all projects
o Secure a commercially viable grid connection for the projects
o Working with the relevant in-house technical teams
o Put in place project schedule, budget and other project controls for assigned projects
o Ensuring project communications plans are in place and updated as required;
o Identifying and communicating on a timely basis all project barriers and risk, together with the strategies and approaches to overcome those barriers and risks;
o Lead project meetings and conference calls for assigned projects.
RELATED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental Related Disciplines, or Renewables Engineering. A lawyer with experience on development also it is acceptable.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in power development is required. Wind and solar PV experience preferred.
• Fluency in both Spanish and basic English is essential
• Procurement and contract administration experience are advantage. You will be required to procure services, equipment and works from a selection of vendors; execute contracts with these vendors and administer and close out these contracts
• Project management experience is required and a project management qualification (such as PMP) would be an advantage
• Candidates should:
o Have excellent written and oral communications skills.
o Be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
o Be capable of managing internal and external resources with ease, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions.
• Ability to use Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is essential and ability to use specialist software packages e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, Sharepoint will be an advantage
Organisational and interpersonal skills
• Well-organized, punctual, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and confident;
• Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team environment;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet reporting deadlines;
• A person with a “can-do” attitude who demonstrates hands-on accountability for their work;
• Someone who works well both independently and in a team.
• Able to think conceptually and strategically
• Able to anticipate problems, effectively seek out pertinent information which identify the cause(s) of a problem and select the correct solution.
• Ability to set up effective systems
• Self-starter with ability to use own initiative
• Courteous and helpful manner
• Able to maintain the respect and confidence of team members
• Ability to maintain relationships and work well with others
• Able to communicate clearly to varied groups of people
• Must be able to re-locate to be based out of Mainstream’s Colombian office, located on Bogotá,
• Driver’s license required
• Flexibility to travel extensively inside of Colombia on a regular basis is essential with infrequent trips abroad possible and Chile twice a year
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form