SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Development Executive is a graduated professional with a minimum of 3-5 years work experience in power project development. Experience developing wind or solar PV projects would be a distinct advantage.
The candidate will become a member of Mainstream’s Chile team and will be responsible for all areas of Wind and Solar energy project development, including leading initial site identification, lease negotiations, working with landowners, researching & managing environmental issues and all consenting processes, managing grid and electrical connection studies, liaising with the regulatory authorities and securing all necessary permits.
- Deliver assigned development projects on time & Budget, on-schedule to agreed quality
- Ensure that projects are identified, developed and designed / executed in line with Mainstream´s corporate values, development goals, objectives and processes
- Ensure that assigned Mainstream projects are developed in accordance with Mainstream’s SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) policies and procedures and in accordance with all applicable legislation
- Manage a development team for one or more assigned development projects
- Live Mainstream’s six corporate value and lead by example in displaying them
- Identification, assessment and selection of potential wind or solar energy sites
- Develop assigned wind and solar PV projects through the first two of Mainstream’s four project stage gates with a target to deliver an agreed number of MW to each stage each year (the agreed MW targets). Progress through gates 3 and 4 will be managed by a Construction PM:
- Gate 1: In development
- Gate 2: Fully consented
- Gate 3: Financial Close
- Gate 4: Commercial Operation Date (COD)
- Lead a project team or teams to deliver assigned project(s) to Fully Consented stage including but not limited to the following development activities:
- Due diligence on potential Greenfield opportunities
- Secure land control (options, leases, wayleaves, rights of way)
- Analysis of the wind or solar energy resource
- Procure all environmental studies and EIAs required to permit the project
- Obtain all permits and consents required to construct the projects
- Identify communities and engage with them in a sustainable and responsible manner to ensure social license for all projects
- Secure a commercially viable grid connection for the projects
- Lead public affairs and marketing efforts required to progress the projects
- Working with the relevant in-house technical and commercial teams
- Put in place project schedule, budget and other project controls for assigned projects
- Ensuring project communications plans are in place and updated as required;
- Identifying and communicating on a timely basis all project barriers and risk, together with the strategies and approaches to overcome those barriers and risks;
- Lead project meetings and conference calls for assigned projects.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental Related Disciplines, or Renewables Engineering. A qualification in electrical / power engineering is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in renewable power development is required. Wind and solar PV experience preferred.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English is essential
- Procurement and contract administration experience is required. You will be required to procure services, equipment and works from a selection of vendors; execute contracts with these vendors and administer and close out these contracts
- Project management experience is required and a project management qualification (such as PMP) would be an advantage
- Candidates should:
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
- Be capable of managing internal and external resources with ease, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions.
- Ability to use Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is essential and ability to use specialist software packages e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, Sharepoint will be an advantage
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.