SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Development Manager will be responsible for the complete project development lifecycle from project inception to start of construction. The successful candidate will be involved in wind and solar projects. Activities will cover all aspects of development including environmental studies, permitting, engineering, landowner and other stakeholders’ management and engagement, site selection, interaction with CRE, CFE and CENACE. The Development Manager will be in charge of access to the national grid, various government permitting requirements and a number of private sector permissions. The Development Manager will also be assessing opportunities to purchase third party projects and supporting other departments in preparing bidding documentations for Mainstream’s efforts at the energy tenders organized by CENACE as and when required.
- Deliver fully consented wind and solar projects in Mexico as per agreed targets
- Manage the identification, acquisition, progression and consenting of wind and solar energy sites through all stages of development including:
- The identification, assessment and selection of potential wind and PV solar sites
- Management of the complete wind and solar development process, including land leases, energy analysis, GIS analysis, environmental studies, permitting, grid interconnection and building community support
- Selection and management of consultants to assist in the above areas
- Interacting with permitting stakeholders at local, provincial and national levels
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams: energy analysis, engineering, construction, finance, corporate affairs, corporate finance, management
- Add new wind and solar projects to the pipeline in Mexico
- Identify wind, solar acquisition opportunities and present with go / no-go recommendation
- Portfolio management of the Mexico development pipeline of wind and PV projects: project controls, ranking, tracking, reporting of the pipeline using Mainstream’s RPM system
- Performance reporting on progress against Mexico development Business targets
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Leadership skills: ability to bring people along to cross multiple finish lines
- Interpersonal and communication skills: need to be able to build and maintain relationships within the development business (down), across all functions at Mainstream (sideways), with Mainstream’s Senior Management Team (up), and with customers / investors (out).
- Renewables: deep knowledge of all aspects of development of wind and solar projects
- Change management: oversee specific business initiatives, including growth, expansion
- Strategy: propose strategy for the Chile development business to onshore COO annually
- Project and program management: manage Chile portfolio that consists of 25+ projects
- Degree in Engineering, 5 years’ experience
- Project management experience is required
- Knowledge of the Mexican renewables market specifically:
- The Mexican energy sector and policies
- The Mexican environmental permitting system
- Legal terms of industry standard land agreements
- Experience working with key Mexican solar and wind stakeholders:
- Procurement and contract administration experience is required. The successful candidate will be required to procure services, equipment and works from a selection of vendors, execute contracts with these vendors and then administer and close out these contracts.
- Fluency of Spanish & English
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.