EAG Station Manager Chile
Mainstream Renewable Power is currently recruiting for a Meteorological Station Manager to support Mainstream’s solar and wind energy development in Chile. The successful candidate will be based in our Santiago office and will be part of the global Energy Analysis Group. This position requires a highly organized candidate with excellent communication and contractor management skills.
• Management of installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological masts, remote sensing units, and solar measurement stations.
• Management of timelines for installation and maintenance of measurement stations to adhere to project schedules as defined by EAG analysts and agreed with project managers.
• Management of measurement station contractors to ensure that Mainstream receives optimal service from contractors, as well as from equipment and data suppliers.
• Management of Health and Safety for these activities in conjunction with Mainstream’s H&S department to ensure contractors comply with relevant safety and technical requirements. Continuously improve Mainstream health, safety and environmental performance.
• Coordination with EAG contractors so ensure that required documentation is in place before work starts to ensure that work is done safely, efficiently, and on time.
• Interaction with Mainstream’s internal departments including H&S, engineering, legal and development.
• Maintain up to date documentation on all meteorological equipment. Review and approve contracts, H&S documentation, commissioning and maintenance forms for measurement stations.
• Integration of the measured meteorological data into Mainstream’s internal database and configuration of the stations.
• Oversee the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage and minimum uncertainty. Ensure measurement equipment is kept in good working condition.
• Generate purchase orders for meteorological station installation and maintenance activities. Review payment requests and follow up their invoicing processes.
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
The successful candidate will also play a key role in the development of solar and wind measurement procedures and standards within the Energy Analysis Group. He/she will be involved with ensuring that the Energy Analysis Group keeps up to date with industry best practice resource measurement techniques for established and evolving renewable energy technologies.
Knowledge and Skills
• This role requires 8+ years of experience related to contractor/contracts management, document control, experience working in manufacturing or construction.
• Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
• Highly analytical and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
• Meteorology or engineering experience a distinct advantage.
• Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
• Experience in MS Office.
• Programming with Python a distinct advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written Spanish and English.
• Willingness to travel to sites which are generally in remote areas.
• Full clean driving licence.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.