Mainstream Renewable Power is currently recruiting for an Energy Analysis Manager. This position will take responsibility for two areas of the Global Energy Analysis Group (EAG): Asia Pacific (notably Philippines and Vietnam) and Operational Energy Assessments (various countries). Some Offshore wind farm analysis may also be required. The position will be based in Mainstream’s Headquarters in Dublin and will report to Mainstream’s Global Energy Analysis Group Manager.
- Production of internal wind/solar resource and Energy Production Estimates with the highest possible accuracy and lowest possible uncertainty. These are delivered in accordance with required project timelines.
- Management and review of third party energy production reports.
- Ensure that Mainstream receives optimal service from energy analysis consultants, as well as equipment and data suppliers.
- Wind farm turbine layout and solar farm design and energy optimisation.
- Design of optimal site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
- Overseeing installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological stations (including LiDAR units). Management of Health and Safety for these activities.
- Overseeing the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Liaising with turbine suppliers regarding turbine suitability and solar panel manufacturers regarding technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams. Ensure that resource risks are fully understood by the business.
- Conduct presentations to investors for specific projects.
- Reviewing of data, energy production reports and site conditions reports of potential acquisition sites.
- Assessment of all Mainstream’s operational renewable energy assets.
- Contribution to the Energy Analysis Group’s research and development, including development and continuous improvement of standards, tools and procedures in use in the EAG for conducting internal energy estimates.
- Management of a small team of EAG staff including quality control of work performed, performance reviews, training, professional development, and recruitment.
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
Knowledge and Skills
- This role requires a minimum of 5 years of pre-construction Energy Analysis experience; applicant will have been author on over 30 completed energy assessments, across a range of markets.
- Operational wind farm analysis experience.
- Offshore wind farm analysis experience an advantage.
- Experience working for a lenders’ advisor, OEM supplier, developer, or operator of wind and/or solar projects.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
- Programming with Python and experience with PANDAS for Python.
- Experience in MS Office especially Excel.
- Experience in the use of WAsP, WindFarmer and AWS Openwind. PVsyst or other related solar resource assessment software is an advantage.
- Experience with non-linear wind flow models is an advantage.
- Experience managing more junior technical staff.
- Fluency in English. Other languages are an advantage.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Full clean driving licence.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.