Mainstream RP is currently recruiting for an Energy Analyst. This position will support business activities in Africa as well as other markets. The position will be based in Dublin. Training will be available.
- Design of wind and solar projects.
- Design of site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites.
- Analysis and reporting of site measurements and management of communication with measurement technology suppliers. Wind measurements include SoDAR and LiDAR.
- Production of internal wind/solar resource and Energy Production Estimates.
- Management and review of third party energy production reports.
- Liaising with turbine suppliers regarding turbine suitability and solar panel manufacturers regarding technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Reviewing of data, energy production reports and site conditions reports of potential acquisition sites.
- Overseeing installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological stations, including all related Health and Safety.
- Overseeing the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Assessment of operational renewable energy assets.
- Contributing to the Energy Analysis Group’s research and development.
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards. The successful candidate will also play a key role in the development of procedures and analysis techniques for existing and new renewable energy technologies within the Energy Analysis Group.
- Preference will be given to candidates with some wind and solar Energy Analysis experience.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum. Masters candidates preferred.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive, with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
- Programming with Python. Experience with PANDAS for Python an advantage.
- Experience in MS Office especially Excel.
- Experience in the use of WAsP, WindFarmer, PVsyst or other related wind and solar resource assessment software, is an advantage.
- Experience with non-linear wind flow models, solar databases, SoDAR and LiDAR is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Fluency in English. Other languages is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
- Full clean driving licence.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.