SUMMARY OF ROLE
Provide technical advice on environmental management matters in the Company’s projects. The main role of the position is to be the technical counterpart of consulting companies in charge of the environmental impact assessment of MRP projects, advising project managers on obtainment of environmental qualification resolutions (RCA) within required time limits and quality; and on staying within compliance within RCAs already approved for the company’s projects. In addition the role will provide expert advice to the project managers on submissions to change already approved RCAs via pertinencia or DIA applications.
- Advise project manager on selection of consulting companies in charge of the environmental impact assessment process (SEIA).
- Review and track progress of projects’ environmental assessment process.
- Ensure that projects’ environmental assessment process is executed in accordance with legal framework.
- Ensure that the projects’ environmental impact assessment process is implemented in such a way as to compromise realistic and feasible environmental measures (from a financial and operational perspective).
- Advise project manager on environmental-related decisions.
- Maintain contact with environmental authorities with competence in MRP project related areas, so that the environmental assessment process will be smooth and transparent.
- Advise project manager in the identification of projects’ applicable sectorial permits.
- Advise project manager in the correct application of MRP’s HSE Integrated Management System.
- Report to the HSE Manager the management performance of the MRP project.
- Work closely with the project manager, development and construction team.
- Be part of the selection of Environmental Consultant, specifically in the technical evaluation of them
- Evaluate the needs for environmental legal advice.
- Verify and revise systematically all the technical reports which are part of the environmental assessment process.
- Ensure that all the environmental documentation is stored correctly (according MRP procedure).
- Assist the HSE, Development and Construction Manager in the definition of the environmental strategy for the projects.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Environmental engineer or engineer in any specialty with environmental post-graduate degree.
- 10 years of work experience (general)
- 5 years of experience in the environmental impact assessment system (SEIA).
- Experience in energy project’s (construction phase).
- Experience in application of integrated management systems.
- Candidates should have solid environmental legislation knowledge.
- Candidates should have experience in the environmental permit processing.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Lead the environmental process in the MRP project´s, in order to achieve environmental qualification resolutions (RCA) according the expectation of Mainstream.
- Be the expert advisor within MRP for all environmental matters that the company must face.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.