SUMMARY OF ROLE
Due to the continued expansion of the Organisation, Mainstream Renewable Power are seeking an additional financial modeller for their Dublin office.
The Financial Modeller will support the Asset Management team and regional platforms in preparing and building financial models and providing commercial advise. In conjunction with the Senior Financial Modeller this role will manage the modelling process from the Mainstream side, managing the lenders’, valuation and operating models for the projects as well as Mainstream’s investment portfolio model. The role will provide first hand exposure to private equity, investment banking and M&A activities and would suit an ambitious candidate keen to establish a strong foundation within financial modelling before progressing to take more responsibility for project financing or M&A work and commercial negotiations.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role will require travel to other Mainstream offices as well as other countries where the company may or may not have operations.
- Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects
- Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets
- Support the acquisition/investment/tender/bidding appraisal activities of multi-million dollar projects globally through financial modelling.
- Contribute towards commercial negotiations and assumptions included within such models, highlighting potential efficiencies / risk areas.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
- Clear financial analysis and communication of results
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Relevant Financial qualification with at least 3-5 years’ experience in Corporate Finance / Advisory, ideally with relevant financial modelling experience.
- Renewable Energy or wider energy industry experience is desirable
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Commercial awareness and ability to highlight potential efficiencies / areas of concern within models that require further analysis or support.
- Excellent understanding of Financial Statements
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Flexibility to travel as required
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.