SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Generation Asset Manager will take responsibility for the O&M of the Mainstream Chile Asset Portfolio. This portfolio includes 33 MW (Wind) in operations, 300 MW (Wind) that will start operations in 2018, and approximately 1000 MW that will start operations before 2022.
Mainstream is seeking an experienced renewables professional with extensive knowledge and experience of the Chilean renewables market and development and project management of wind and solar development projects.
• Lead the O&M team in Chile.
• Develop the O&M department to achieve the growth strategy defined by the Company.
• Develop and implement the HSE strategy for the Chilean generation assets, according to the HSE standards adopted by Mainstream and/or our clients, and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, permits and agreements for all our projects.
• Implement an operational strategy to increase the performance of our projects, ensuring quality, efficiency and cost-effective operations.
• Manage the relations with Clients (project owners).
• Ensure excellent service is provided according to our O&M contracts.
• Representative in relations with Authorities (CDEC, SEC, CNE, SMA, etc.) for the operations of the projects.
• Define the contractor strategy for Chilean projects and manage the operation and relations with contractors.
• Ensuring long-term asset integrity of the Chilean projects by implementing an asset management system based on ISO55000.
• Supporting new projects in the development, financial close and construction stages, providing the required operational information and lessons learnt relevant to each stage.
• Manage the handover process for new projects, from Construction to Operations.
• Preparation of project and country O&M Budgets.
EXPEREIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Electrical/Industrial engineering degree or similar. Further business qualifications such as MBAs will be considered a further advantage.
• Minimum experience working within the O&M energy assets of 10 years. (Proved renewal O&M experience required).
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Leadership skills and mentoring ability.
• Experience with P&L Management.
• Experience with ISO standards.
• Experience with energy sector regulations.
• Be flexible in terms of working arrangements. National travel will be required and some international travel may be required as part of the job.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.