Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Mainstream is currently recruiting for a Grid Engineer, who will take responsibility for identifying grid capacity and supporting the process to secure the grid connection for its onshore wind farm and solar projects in Chile.
- Reporting to Grid Manager Chile
Job Location Santiago
Travel Required; Regular travel to Mainstream´s projects within Chile; Occasional travel to international locations.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
• Responsible for conducting the process to get grid capacity access approval from CEN for each project, applying and managing either the Connection Solution Approval (SASC) for Public Utilities Facilities or the Technical Capacity Use (SUCT) for Dedicated Transmission Facilities.
• Supporting the Grid Manager in order to successfully declaring the projects under construction in front the CNE.
• Manage the interconnection process with the CEN, from the Application of Interconnection Process Start (SIPC) to the Commercial Operation Date (CoD) approval.
• Actively participate in meetings with the Transmission and Distribution System Owners and regulatory entities, like CEN, CNE, SEC to build up a strong working relationship;
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Degree in engineering with a minimum of 6 years´ experience;
• Knowledge of government policy, legislation, grid code and any other applicable regulation related to connecting renewable generation projects to either the distribution or the transmission grids;
• Experience managing the grid connection authorization processes in front the CEN.
• Good knowledge about the Electricity Market and Renewable Industry.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
• Attention to detail
• Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identifying required tasks.
• An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Fluency in both Spanish and English.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form