SUMMARY OF ROLE
Mainstream is currently recruiting for a Grid Engineer, Chile who will take responsibility for identifying grid capacity and give support to the process to secure a grid connection for Mainstream’s onshore wind and solar projects in Chile.
- Identify locations where there is currently grid capacity available or where there is a high likelihood of capacity being available in the future. The Development team will use this information to select identify, prioritise and select new wind and solar projects to pursue;
- Support in the elaboration and keep updated the grid connection strategy documents for each project that clearly set out the schedule, budget, decisions, technical information required to secure a grid connection for each individual development project;
- Revision of electrical studies and technical reports required to support each project grid strategy
- Participate in the elaboration and revision of the grid connection agreement for all projects;
- Support to the Grid Manager in the grid connection process for all Chile projects to ensure that the grid connection agreement and physical grid connections are delivered on schedule;
- Take part in the meetings with the Transmission and Distribution System Owners and Operators (TO / TSO; DO / DSO) and the regulator in order to build up a strong working relationship;
- Support to the new business team in grid connection issues;
- Support in the application for an Electrical Grid Concession for every mainstream project as a means to enforce land and mining rights for Mainstream projects;
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of government and non-government policy, legislation, regulations, grid codes that apply to connecting renewable generation to the distribution and transmission networks;
- Experience in negotiating commercial and technical terms of grid connection agreements and any associated bonds and commitments to secure the best possible deal for Mainstream;
- Technical and commercial knowledge of transmission system, including transmission charges.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English.
- Likely he or she will have worked for one of the following entities:
- A transmission or distribution system operator or owner in a department responsible for network planning or generator connections.
- The ministry of energy or CNE.
- An electricity generator in a department that has managed the connection of a generator to the grid network.
- A consulting engineer or contractor who has connected a generator to the grid.
- Good knowledge about the Electricity Markets and Renewable Industry.
- Electrical grid concession process
- A degree in power engineering (electrical or mechanical) is preferred but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate knowledge and experience of the grid connection process;
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.