Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Mainstream is currently recruiting for a Grid Analyst, Chile who will take responsibility for identifying grid capacity and give support to the process to secure a grid connection for Mainstream’s onshore wind and solar projects in Chile.
Job Location Santiago
Travel Required • Regular travel to Mainstreams projects within Chile required;
• Occasional travel to international locations required
Key Responsibilities and Activities
• Identify locations where there is currently grid capacity available or where there is a high likelihood of capacity being available in the future. The Development team will use this information to select identify, prioritise and select new wind and solar projects to pursue;
• Support in the elaboration and keep updated the grid connection strategy documents for each project that clearly sets out the schedule, budget, decisions, technical information required to secure a grid connection;
• Participate in the elaboration and revision of the grid connection agreement for all Mainstream projects;
• Manage the application for an Electrical Grid Concession for Mainstream projects until obtaining the final concession decree;
• Support to the Grid Manager in the grid connection process for all Chile projects to ensure that the grid connection agreement are delivered on schedule;
• Take part in the meetings with the Transmission and Distribution System Owners and regulatory entities, like CEN, CNE, SEC to build up a strong working relationship;
• Support to the new business team in the grid connection issues.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of government and non-government policy, legislation, regulations, grid codes that apply to connecting renewable generation to the distribution and transmission networks;
• Experience in negotiate the commercial and technical terms of the grid connection agreements and any associated bonds and commitments to secure the best possible deal for Mainstream;
• Technical and commercial knowledge of the transmission system, including the transmission charges.
• Fluency in both Spanish and English.
• Likely he or she will have worked for one of the following entities:
o A transmission or distribution system operator or owner in a department responsible for network planning or generator connections;
o The Ministry of Energy, CNE, CEN or SEC;
o An electricity generator in a department that has managed the connection of a generator to the grid network;
o A consulting engineer or contractor who has connected power plants to the grid.
• Good knowledge about the Electricity Markets and Renewable Industry.
• Electrical grid concession process.
• A degree in electrical engineering is preferred but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate knowledge and experience of the grid connection process;
What’s on Offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with the financial capability to meet the demands of a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our on line application form