The key responsibilities of the role comprise the following:
- Development and implementation of health and safety, environmental, and quality strategies, policies and procedures.
- Company-wide responsibility for adherence to applicable health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Review of safety management, environmental management and quality, as well as compliance monitoring across all project and office locations.
- Promotion of health and safety working practices.
- Liaison with regulatory and statutory safety and environmental bodies.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins on a regular basis.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and maintain a record of applicable legislation.
- Development and implementation of health & safety, environmental and quality management systems.
- Continuous improvement to management systems.
- Ownership of the certification process to ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Functional management of platform SHEQ teams including input into performance objectives and performance reviews.
Education and Experience
- Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or Construction Health and Safety.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction and operations of large scale construction projects.
- Degree qualification in Safety, Engineering, Science, Technology or similar.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong management skill set required including scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Strong leadership qualities.
The SHEQ Manager reports to the Group COO with day-to-day reporting to the Head of Asset Delivery.
Dublin office with some travel to other Mainstream and partner offices.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.