Health, Safety and Environmental Site Manager AURORA Project
Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, Mexico, South Africa and Ireland. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally. We are seeking skilled and motivated individuals to join our Health, Safety and Environmental team in Chile.
Provide comprehensive technical assistance in Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental matters to the project under his/her responsibility, ensuring effective control of H&S hazards and environmental aspects, for full compliance of internal standards and legal aspects to minimize the occurrence of incidents that may affect both persons and the environment.
• Implement HSE Plan in the assigned Project.
• Ensure compliance by contractor companies of HSE standards to assigned Project
• Ensure HSE legal requirement compliance by contractor companies in assigned Project.
• Ensure HSE legal compliance by MRP in assigned Project.
• Ensure compliance of the environmental commitments in the assigned Project, whether they are responsibility of MRP or contractor companies.
• Generate reports on HSE performance by contractor companies in the assigned Project.
• Maintain ongoing communication with HSE Supervisor and Site Manager.
• Report all incidents and ensure correct development of each of their investigations.
• Detect needs to standardize critical activities based on field evaluations.
• Propose standards or procedures to standardize certain activities.
• Give the proper guideline to the HSE site inspector.
For the above you will need to:
• Work closely with the Site Project Manager, HSE Technical Inspection and contractor companies.
• Revise all the HSE documentation provided by the contractor companies; specially focus on procedures, root cause analysis and non-conformities.
• Develop systematic HSE supervision on site.
• Keep all the necessary HSE information in order.
Education and Experience
• Engineer of any specialty with a Postgraduate Degree in Health and Safety (DS Nº40).
• Postgraduate degree on Environment.
• 8 years of work experience (similar position) in Construction business.
• Experience in projects that have been subjected to the SEIA (RCA).
• Experience in application of integrated management systems.
• Experience in construction of wind farms.
• Lead the HSE matters in the assigned MRP project, in order to achieve the HSE objectives and targets.
This position will be full time on site, on the assigned project.
Duration: 8 months fixed term contract.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application.