The Market Opening Group in Mainstream is focused on establishing the business in new markets, securing the growth potential for the business into the future. The key technology focus is onshore and offshore wind, solar PV and storage.
Mainstream is looking for a candidate with a passion for investigating the potential of renewable energy penetration in new markets. Based in Dublin, this role will be central to analysing new market information and providing support to the Business Developers operating in selected markets across the globe.
- Lead on market research and keep track of key onshore & offshore wind markets, solar PV and storage opportunities in new markets.
- Manage Country Papers and SHEQ Papers in accordance with the Market Opening Procedure.
- Manage the Mainstream Country Ranking tool.
- Establish market intelligence system:
- Monitor key economic and power market indicators for selected markets.
- Keep register of competitors in new markets.
- Manage PPA register in active new markets.
- Keep track of grid connection process and applications in target countries.
- Develop CRM or similar tool to track all country specific contacts and meeting activities.
- Develop app to view relevant country information when travelling with IS team.
- Feed relevant information to SMT and key regional managers on relevant new business opportunities.
- Participate in relevant seminars and industry events to gather market insight and establish networks.
- Visit target countries from time to time.
- Follow technology trends for onshore and offshore wind as well as solar PV and storage technologies.
- Management of market research interns and market research team members.
- Relevant third level degree.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar function or in a market intelligence environment.
- Experience in renewable energy in specific and power markets in general.
- Strong knowledge of development and business development.
- A well-developed ability to network and gather information.
- Experience in analysing market data.
- Strong report writing skills and excelling presentation skills.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.