Summary of Role
Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America and South Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power Chile is now seeking experienced and motivated individuals to join our Technical Services team.
The person would be expected to work on a large project portfolio, working closely with the Technical Director. The candidate must have good communication skills, PC skills, able to read technical drawings, setting of baselines, updating and controlling multiple projects. Experience of resource planning, critical path analysis and risk management is required.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
Key responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
• Ability to construct full life cycle programmes for wind farm and solar projects, including engineering, grid connection, environmental, consents, procurement, financing, construction and commissioning.
• Update and modify project programmes to reflect changes.
• On a WBS and Project wide basis complete critical path and what if analysis.
• Provide support to project Managers as necessary in review meetings, project risk management, budgeting, and resource management.
• Assist in the preparation and review of contract documentation and scopes of work and in the selection and management of contractors.
• Liaise with partners and colleagues (e.g. finance, engineering) to ensure project programmes reflect specifics aspects accurately.
• Participate in external reviews and upload programmes to 3rd parties as necessary
• Update and prepare relevant Project procedures and review others where expertise aligns
• Development and management of project control methodologies
• Reporting on project performance to highlight areas of variance to the project baselines
• Managing and maintaining the project risk register
• Ensuring appropriate document control
• Ensure appropriate project control technologies in place
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• The candidate must be equipped with a broad range of project programming skills and have a proven track record in major construction projects preferably in the wind industry.
• Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience of line managing, mentoring and training people through delivery of simultaneous projects.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
• Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all times
• Good IT skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Project packages.
• Large experience using MS Project and Primavera softwares.
• An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management
• Fluency in English
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.