- Ensuring that the Wind Turbine and Balance of Plant Maintenance Contractors are working effectively with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled on a day to day basis.
- Ensuring that the cause of turbine failures is understood (including and trends or serial defects that may be developing). Liaising with the OEMs and other parties to ensure that response times are appropriate and works undertaken are carried out both safely and effectively.
- Ensuring that all appropriate records of operations and maintenance activities on site are complete and easily accessible as required.
- Ensure that any potential asset optimisation measures are accurately prepared and presented to the customer.
- Liaison with & reporting to General Manager.
- Primary responsibility for site Health and Safety.
- Managing the processes by which site data is handled and analysed and ensuring that all proactive monitoring is carried out effectively with appropriate alarms and failures being directed via the appropriate channels.
- Daily Reporting & Monitoring.
- Performance, Downtime and Availability Analysis.
- Reviewing, approving and distributing monthly reports.
- Following up significant performance issues either internally or with appropriate 3rd parties.
- Reviewing all current service/maintenance records and any issues identified.
- Reviewing monthly & annual availability performance and agreeing any subsequent claims for presentation to the customer.
- Co-ordination with the Construction Project Manager and EPC Contractors during handover from construction to operations.
- Be senior manager for project working alongside the Economic Development Manager.
- Maintaining calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
- Managing the responses of the Operations Engineers to local concerns/PR/site visits.
- Organising and leading site visits for strategically important visitors.
- Reviewing calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.Education and ExperienceThe position demands a highly organised approach and the ability to lead a small but closely knit team. The Pant Manager may have a number of less experienced Engineers at his disposal so must have appropriate management experience in the sector.Experience
- The Plant Manager will have appropriate engineering skills, knowledge and experience. They must possess a good standard of technical education (Degree preferable but relevant industrial experience will also be considered). An excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite is required.
- Minimum 10 years relevant applicable experience in Operations and Maintenance management of a utility scale power plant or similar.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred but experience will be considered for candidate not satisfying this requirement.
- Senior management experience preferable.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills, as well as good interpersonal relationships.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good command of English, Xhosa and Afrikaans preferable.
- Drivers licence.
- GCC certificate an advantage.
The position will be based on site with travel to Cape Town and other sites in South Africa as required.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.