Reporting to the Technical Director in Chile, the Procurement Manager Chile will be responsible for designing and managing the tender processes and rules for all purchases to be made by Mainstream’s Chilean Business (AMSA), other than wind turbines, solar PV panels and BOP works for Wind and solar PV projects which will be procured by Mainstream’s Procurement team based in Dublin. The Dublin team will liaise with the Procurement Manager Chile to ensure local regulations are being met.
The Procurement Manager will own the vendor selection and contract award processes and all related purchasing processes for AMSA, including the implementation of contractual management procedures, tendering, negotiating and awarding of contracts to meet business needs. Once a vendor has been selected and the contract awarded, the Business Owner will take over the management of the contract.
In addition, the role will manage the purchasing and tracking of goods and services for all AMSA operating and corporate functions in a timely and cost-effective way (in accordance with appropriate quality standards and specifications) and will drive the purchasing process within AMSA business including adherence to approved policy and procedures.
The role will build and develop relationships with all suppliers and screen, evaluate and select key business partners, while identifying opportunities to lower costs and secure agreements with suppliers through active negotiation, managing key supplier relationships and using the combined purchasing power of AMSA affiliates.
The Procurement Manager will also be responsible of the coordination between the Procurement team based in Dublin and the Development, Construction, Legal and Commercial teams based in Chile.
The Key Activities for this role are outlined below
- Preparation of Contracts
• Set contract models according to the different kind of goods and services required by the company.
• Ensure that every contract is properly signed off by responsible AMSA and MRP group personnel (e.g. legal, tax, risk, etc) depending on the risk area.
• Work with AMSA Legal Team for the contract analysis and to coordinate contractual requirements to ensure legal sign off on contracts
• Provide guidance on contractual matters and specifically on disputes to project managers and operational staff.
• Coordinate contractual insurance requirements and ensure wider finance and risk requirements (e.g. foreign exchange exposure) are addressed.
• Monitor competitive terms and customer satisfaction with AMSA terms and conditions and contracting practices.
• Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
• Coordinate the change orders with the subcontractors and support the project management team in the negotiations
• Support the contract management in a claim/LD´s preparation/negotiations
• Implement processes and procedures for tenders, contract management and contract administration in compliance with company policy. Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures.
• Place and manage purchasing activities with suppliers in accordance with company policy and negotiate terms and conditions.
• Maintain contractual records and documentation during the tender processes pre-contract award.
• Ensure signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties and provide monthly reports of all contracts currently underway in AMSA and their status
• Receive purchase requests for goods and services from the Business Owner and obtain quotations in line with company policy and communicate quotations to the Business Owner
• Regularly liaise with different departments in the business to understand their needs to ensure purchases meet business requirements and are purchased on a timely basis.
• Track Purchasing activity until completion.
• Build and develop relationships with all suppliers and support the screening, evaluation and selection of key business partners
• Regularly review and update the business purchasing procedures according to market changes and meeting the business needs.
• Develop operational standards and procedures for managing the relationship with suppliers, consultants and contractors.
• Establish, implement and maintain management indicators in relation to the procurement and supply process.
• Coordinate with Project Management team the project Handover to clarify all questions and keep the clarity of the project
• Coordinate with Procurement team in Dublin that the Procurement process related to projects located in South America (Chile & Colombia) in order to take into consideration local recommendations
• Agree with Procurement team in Dublin the procedures and standards to contract construction works locally in Chile.
• Agree with Procurement team in Dublin the procurement strategy and plan related to construction works procured locally.
• Ensure the scope of the construction contracts procured locally is aligned with main contracts managed by Procurement team in Dublin.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
• Tertiary qualification in technical engineering or purchasing/logistics, with at least 5 years of experience in similar roles.
• Demonstrated experience in contracts administration, purchasing services/materials and acquisition management. Experience in the renewable power sector (specifically wind and solar PV) is an advantage
• Knowledge of quality management, safety and environmental standards, regarding the requirements associated with purchasing management.
• Computer literate, with ability to use MS Office and experience using ERP financial systems (MS Dynamics, SAP or Jobtek desirable).
• Demonstrated knowledge of the services, works and equipment used in the development of Wind and PV projects
• Able to develop and establish processes, improve procedures and implement control tools.
• Ability to evaluate technical issues
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and multiple projects concurrently
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator
• Strong negotiator
• Skill to influence people
• Fluency in English & Spanish is essential
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our on line application form