Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Procurement Manager to join the Dublin Team. As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Procurement.
What you will do?
The key responsibilities of the role comprise the following:
- Identifying and providing procurement support and services to the Head of Procurement.
- Development of procurement strategy for projects.
- Preparation of Turbine & BOP Request for Proposals to facilitate LCOE and other bid proposals.
- Contractor pre-qualification, tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Coordination and preparation of the Employer’s Requirements and construction schedules for each pre-construction/construction project ensuring scope, codes and standards, local requirements, etc. are captured for each project.
- Contract preparation and negotiation.
- Provision of procurement support during the due diligence and financial close process.
- Provision of procurement support during the construction phase.
- Cost estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control for input in budgets and management reports.
- Liaising and cooperating with external parties in relation to procurement activities including the platforms, banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies, system operators etc.
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Management of revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specification, standard, etc.) and integrating lessons learned into Employer’s Requirements.
- Assist with due diligence on project acquisitions in new markets.
- Assist with development of procurement cost database.
- Innovation of procurement techniques to enable more competitive costings.
- Technology tracking.
- Assisting the Head of Procurement with updating and maintenance of procurement operating procedures.
What we require?
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Energy, Business or Environment.
- Extensive experience in wind/solar farm engineering and detailed design of wind/solar projects.
- Strong contract management ability and understanding of contracting methodologies.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.
Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants
While this position will be based in Dublin there will be some international travel.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form