Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of 6,500MW of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Mainstream has developed 550MW of wind projects which are currently under construction and 804MW in commercial operation.
In Asia Pacific, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines. In Vietnam, Mainstream has partnered with the Phu Cuong Group to develop, build and operate the 800 MW Phu Cuong Wind Farm in the Soc Trang province. The company opened its office in Manila in 2016 and the team there is working on a number of late-stage development opportunities in wind and solar PV. The company has recently opened an office in Melbourne.
Mainstream has raised more than €1.8bn in project finance to date and employs 200 staff across four continents.
Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Project Development Manager who will be responsible for managing a portfolio of wind and PV projects from the Development Phase up to Financial Close is achieved so that they can be taken through into construction and operation.
What you will do?
Oversee the progress and consenting of wind and solar energy projects in Australia through all stages of development including:
o Preparing the project budget and schedule.
o The successful delivery of wind and solar farm options and land rights.
o The selection of the most suitable contractors/consultants.
o The supervision of contractor personnel throughout the environmental and planning process.
o Interaction with landowners, communities, and local site stakeholders.
o Interaction with the key stakeholders responsible for permitting, locally and nationally.
o The interaction with the relevant technical and commercial teams in Mainstream.
o The production of reports and other duties as required.
Relationship and Joint Venture Management
o Act as the local Mainstream representative managing the relationship with our development partners.
Understand, promote and adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations and policies in undertaking all activities and ensure safe development of the wind and solar farms.
Prepare the wind and solar project for Financial Close, including:
o Prepare the engineering package with the engineering team.
o Prepare the procurement package with the procurement team to tender for the construction contracts.
What we require?
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
• Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to make sound commercial decisions.
• Very good Project Management skills and a highly organised approach to work.
• Decisive manager with the ability to work on your own initiative.
• Candidates should have excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
• Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources with ease, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions.
• Ability to use Microsoft software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook is considered essential.
• Ability to use specialist software packages e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, SharePoint is an advantage .
• Fluency in English is essential.
• A full driving licence is considered essential.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our on line application form