SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Project Finance Executive will be in charge of supporting the Investment Manager Chile in all Project Finance activities performed by Mainstream in the Chilean market.
His main responsibilities will be to support and coordinate lenders and potential investors due diligence process, negotiate with lenders debt terms and conditions and legal documentation, provide financial models inputs and propose financing structures to improve Mainstream investment in the different platform.
This will require the Project Finance Executive to establish and maintain a professional relationship with commercial banks, multilaterals, insurance companies, ECAs and potential mezzanine debt providers.
The Project Finance Executive will focus predominantly in the Chile market but also looking after the Americas region in order to assist with Mainstream’s expansion into other Latin American Markets.
This role will work closely with the Chile Commercial Team and different areas within the company such as Procurement, Construction, Engineering and Operations.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role will require travel to other Mainstream offices.
- Manage Due Diligence process with lenders and consultants (Legal, Market, Technical, Insurances, Tax and Financial Model)
- Review Due Diligence reports and challenge consultants statements that affects Mainstream returns and business model.
- Manage Project Finance Gantt Charts, Action lists and Data Rooms
- Coordinate flows of information from Mainstream different experts areas to have an efficient due diligence process and prepare appropriate answer to lenders and consultants.
- Provide financial inputs for the financial models and propose financing structure to improve Mainstream returns
- Review and negotiate all Financing Agreements (i.e. Credit Agreement, Equity Contribution Agreement, Accounts Agreement, VAT Facility Agreement, Direct Agreements, Letter of Credits)
- Support in acquisition/investment/tender/bidding/PPA activities
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
- Financial analysis and clear communication of results
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
- Help to build the Commercial Team reports.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Broad understanding of the Chilean Energy Market.
- Project Finance experience of at least 2 years.
- Experience in renewable energy sector or participation in renewable energy deals.
- Experience and understanding of financial models
- People management skills in order to bring together deal teams of multi-disciplinary members including developers, engineers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, and financial professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- English and Spanish proficiency are a prerequisite
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.