Summary of Role
Mainstream Renewable Power is currently recruiting for a Senior Energy Analyst (wind and/or solar) to support Mainstream’s wind and solar energy development in Chile. The successful candidate will be based in our Santiago office and will be part of the global Energy Analysis Group. This position requires a highly numerate and computer-literate candidate.
• Production of internal wind/solar resource and Energy Production Estimates with the highest possible accuracy and lowest possible uncertainty. These are delivered in accordance with required project timelines and internal technical standards.
• Management and review bankable third party energy production and site conditions reports.
• Wind farm turbine layout and solar farm design and energy optimisation.
• Design of optimal site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
• Management of the installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological masts, remote sensing units, and solar measurement stations.
• Management of the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage and minimum uncertainty.
• Ensuring meteorological station contractors comply with relevant safety and technical requirements.
• Decision making on best wind/solar analysis methodology to use.
• Checking energy production assessments.
• Engineering judgement on final energy production number.
• Act as liaison with turbine manufacturers regarding turbine suitability.
• Communication of site specific energy production and site conditions risks to project teams.
• Review power curve and power performance warranty.
• Provision of quality checking and training for other MRP energy analysts.
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
The successful candidate will also play a key role in the development of wind and/or solar procedures and standards within the Energy Analysis Group. They will be involved with ensuring that the Energy Analysis Group keeps up to date with industry best practice resource assessment techniques for established and evolving renewable energy technologies.
• Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree.
• Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in resource assessment. Experience in both wind and solar an advantage.
• Excellent IT skills. Experience with SQL databases and analysing large datasets.
• Experience in VBA or Python a requirement.
• Experience in the use of WAsP, WindFarmer, or other related resource assessment software essential.
• Exposure to turbine supply contracts an advantage.
• Experience with non-linear flow models, SODAR and LIDAR an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written Spanish and English.
• Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
• Willingness to travel to sites which are in generally remote areas.
• Full clean driver’s licence.
• Motivated and self-starter attitude essential.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.