SUMMARY OF ROLE
As Senior Pre Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible primarily for managing a portfolio of three projects from the last mile of the Development Phase up to Financial Close is achieved, when the projects are handed over to the Construction Project Manager.
- Closing out any development issues to the point where the project can pass financial close test.
- Preparing the engineering package with the engineering team.
- Preparing the procurement package with the procurement team to tender for the construction contracts.
- Preparing the project budget and schedule.
- Keep the relationship with landowners, communities and stakeholders until Financial Close.
- Managing project through financial close process
- Engaging and managing technical and engineering consultants.
- Define and coordinate the preliminary engineering during preconstruction phase.
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams.
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies etc.
- Ability to work with the electrical grid utility to develop transmission grid connection plans supervise grid studies and secure grid connection agreements.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Construction procedures and process (this is based on PMI® PMBOK®).
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – Solar & Wind analysis, GIS, engineering, construction.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Assist the Country Construction Manager in the development of the regional strategy.
KOWLEDGE OF SKILL REQUIRMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Degree in Engineering (electrical or civil) with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- Managing project development and construction experience in power generation industry. Experience in renewables is an advantage.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) an advantage.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.