SUMMARY OF ROLE
Mainstream is recognised as the world’s leading independent renewable energy company with almost 10,000 MW in development, 360 MW in construction and 334 MW delivered into commercial operation. We develop, finance, construct, and operate world-class wind and solar plant in high-growth regions including, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia as well as South and Central America.
In Chile, the Company has more than 2,000 MW in development; 270MW in construction and 33MW delivered into commercial operation.
As part of the Chile Operations Department, there are two wind energy Projects of 150 MW and 120 MW that will start operating in Q4 2018 and there is an existing operational 33 MW wind energy Project. These three Projects are located in the III Region, X Region and VIII Region respectively, and have local management staff as well as central management from Santiago, Chile.
Mainstream are seeking candidates for a Site Manager and will report to the Generation Asset Manager Chile. The Site Manager will form part of a growing team within a dynamic and multinational company. Mainstream´s culture is based on a core value of “working together” as a team, and we are looking for people who want to join us in our mission to lead the global transition to renewable energy.
The Site Manager will be responsible for managing the safe and reliable performance of the wind farm. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all contractors at site to ensure the operation and maintenance is carried out safely, on time and to the right standards.
Additional duties will include supervising contactors performing site Balance of Plant (BOP) maintenance and repairs to the O&M building, string roads, crane pads, fencing, met towers, communication systems, and computer networks as well as parts inventory, parts ordering, parts shipping & receiving, inventory security, stocking shelves, fork lift operation, and parts checkout within the CMMS.
• Ensure highest level of health and safety standard is maintained at the wind farm.
• Responsible for the health and safety and environmental management system of the wind farm. (ISO and OHSAS standards)
• Responsible for the asset management system of the wind farm (ISO standard)
• Oversee wind farm operational issues, ensure appropriate maintenance is carried out by contractors.
• Manage maintenance of site infrastructure – foundations, hardstands, roads, site cable network and substation.
• Ensure systems in place for managing maintenance records and plant history.
• Supervise substation operation including HV switching. Familiarity with HV operations and switching is preferable.
• Interface with local authorities, local utility and system operator, landowners and general public where required.
• Develop and implement procedures for dealing with day to day operations.
• Carry out routine site inspections and audits of contractors.
• Produce and submit weekly and monthly reports.
• Work closely with other Mainstream teams to support development, construction, energy analysis, power purchase agreements etc.
• From time to time assist with planning issues, construction and operations on other Mainstream sites.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Four years of experience in a similar role managing generation plant or similar.
• Strong interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills.
• Experience with HSE management systems and procedures.
• Experience with management of and administering long term service agreements.
• Experience with contractors’ management.
• Experience of servicing, troubleshooting, and modifying high technology plant.
• An understanding / qualification in electrical systems e.g. AC/DC, Low, Medium and High voltage systems, electronics and electro mechanical equipment.
• An understanding / qualification in Aerodynamics, Mechanical Engineering or Hydraulics is considered an advantage.
• An understanding in agriculture / environmental issues is considered an advantage.
• Experience of using IT systems and applications. In particular using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
To apply for this role please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.