Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines. In Vietnam, Mainstream has partnered with the Phu Cuong Group to to develop, build and operate the 800 MW Phu Cuong Wind Farm in the Soc Trang province. The company opened its office in Manila in 2016 and the team there is working on a number of late-stage development opportunities in wind and solar PV.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. The company has delivered 600MW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation in South Africa and is currently constructing a further 250MW of wind farms.
Mainstream has raised more than €1.6bn in project finance to date and employs 160 staff across four continents.
Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Wind Development Project Manager to oversee the Development of a number of wind projects which Mainstream has partnered with in the Philippines. This role will be responsible for the delivery of the projects to a fully developed status and will work closely with the team in Manila and teams in other Mainstream offices.
What you will do?
- Oversee the progression and consenting of wind energy projects in the Philippines in the medium term through all stages of development including:
- The successful delivery of wind farm options and land rights.
- The selection of the most suitable contractors/consultants.
- The supervision of such personnel throughout the environmental and planning process.
- Interaction with the key people responsible for permitting, locally and nationally.
- The interaction with the relevant technical and commercial teams in Mainstream.
- The production of reports and other duties as required.
- Relationship and Joint Venture Management
- Act as the local Mainstream representative managing the relationship with our partners in the Philippines.
- Understand, promote and adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations and policies in undertaking all activities and ensure safe design of the wind farms.
What we require?
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Very good Project Management skills and a highly organised approach to work.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources with ease, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions.
- Ability to use Microsoft software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook is considered essential.
- Ability to use specialist software packages e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, SharePoint is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Tagalog is essential.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your up to date CV and cover letter using our online application form.